UPDATE ( Friday May 13, 2022 )
With deep regret the MGCoQ has announced the cancellation of this years rally due to expected flooding of the site from the current major rain event.
While indications over the past day or two looked like the site would avoid the deluge affecting the coastal SEQ areas, this has now changed, and considering that many roads leading to the site are closed due to flooding , we have been forced to take a decision to cancel this event.
It’s on AGAIN!! MAY 13 to 15
The MGCoQ RBR committee announce that the 28th annual Ruptured Budgie Rally will be held in May 2022, as usual.
The third weekend in May (the one after Mothers Day) is the set aside every year for the Ruptured Budgie Rally.
(see Gallery page for
evidence photos from past rallies)
The 2022 RALLY IS ON!
The 28th Ruptured Budgie Rally will be held as usual on the third weekend of May (13,14,15) at Mingoola, 60km West of Tenterfield on the Bruxner highway.
Quicklink/coordinates to site entrance: 28°59’32.4″S 151°30’43.2″E
[Google Plus code: 2G56+3Q Mingoola, Queensland, Australia]
If you haven’t already done so, you had best mark the calendar and keep it free for a weekend of great riding and some fun and frivolity at the Budgie. For those of you that need to get a leave pass we suggest you do something exceptional for Mother’s Day. It should earn you enough brownie points from that someone special. Hence the reason we always hold the rally the weekend after Mother’s Day every year.
Some of the proceeds from the rally are set aside for improving the experience each year but more importantly a good portion goes towards helping the local community and other worthy charities. If you have any suggestions for future rallies just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Moto Guzzi Club of Qld invites all motorcyclists to join us for the Ruptured Budgie Rally at Mingoola.
You do not need to be a member of the club – all are welcome
Where is Mingoola you ask? It’s about 60km west of Tenterfield on the Bruxner Highway. Check the maps further down the page. If you haven’t been before don’t be shy. Pack some warm clothes and your tent and get to the Budgie. See you at the bar!
- Good camping spots by the river, plenty of firewood onsite
- Fully catered with licensed bar from Friday dinner to Sunday breakfast
- All the usual rally awards, plus some not so usual ones an the giant birthday raffle
- $25 entry, includes badge
Children under 15 years free entry, no badge
- Professional DJ music by Robin Jones
- Please note that this is a motorcycle rally
No cars (except official vehicles) will be allowed through the gate, no exception so please do not ask. Support vehicles are not wanted or appreciated.
- If you can’t carry it on your bike, don’t bring it. The rally is fully catered and licensed so no alcohol is to be brought in for two reasons. Firstly is contravenes our liquor license and secondly the bar is how we raise money to donate to various charities. The less you spend at the bar the less the deserving charities get. The food is put on by the local Lions Club and is reasonably priced. Any profits they make are used to benefit the local community.
Friday 3:00 PM – 12:00 Midnight
Saturday 10:00 AM – 12:00 Midnight
Friday Dinner, Saturday Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Sunday Breakfast
Note: Breakfast served 6:00AM to 8:30AM. Dinner 5.30PM to 8:00PM
Moto Guzzi Club of Qld Regalia: Available from Bar tent
Starting at 3:00 PM Saturday
Toilet Roll Race
Raffles and Awards:
Drawn Saturday 7:00 PM (in front of bar tent)
Best Rat Guzzi
Longest Distance – Male & Female (from home as the budgie flies)
Oldest Bike and Rider Combo
Hard Luck Award
Note: Entrants must be nominated prior to the drawing of the award.
No dogs, cats, glass, dickheads or attitudes.
The bulk of the proceeds from this rally go towards helping the local community.